Every year for the last 3 years our family has done the Basic 5 Fun Run. We do this with the Woodland's, (some good friends who used to be in our ward). All the kids ran the race this year. It was Bailey and Cooper's 1st year to offically run the race. Tren took 2nd place overall and 1st in his age group(9-10). He beat a 15 year old boy, and we were all shocked at how fast he ran. Ryann ran with Cooper. He was running with his friend Caleb, but Caleb didn't feel good and was walking. Ryann didn't want him to get lost so she ran with him! What a sweet sister! Bailey ran with Mark. She ran all but 50 yards of the whole mile! What a little trooper. I was so proud of all the kids. I hope they learn to love running and exercise. This was a fun, fun day!

Tren got a blue ribbon for finishing 1st in the 9-10 age group.

There was a balloon clown at the race making swords for all the kids.

At the start of the race it went Tren, Tyler, Caleb, and Cooper. The boy next to Cooper is the one who won the race.

Ryann and Cooper finished together. Ryann let Cooper go across the finish line before her, so he "would feel good, and maybe get a ribbon". Ryann is such a sweet sister!!!

I wasn't expecting Tren so soon, so we only got a picture of him from behind. His time for the mile was 7:04. I am pretty sure, I couldn't run a mile that fast. Way to go Tren!

Here comes Bailey! She ran so hard. I was super proud of her. She beat the kid in front of her across the finish line.

Ready...Set...Go!!!

All the gang after the race. Everyone was cold and tired.

Bailey and Mark trying to get a good position at the starting line. Tren beat the kid in the Green hat (#390).

The Woodland's and the Halladay's. Bailey, Cooper, Caleb, Ryann, Tren, Tyler, and Ethan
No comments:
Post a Comment