
Me and my BFF April after Mark's race. We had a great time visiting with the Jardine's. The kids all missed each other so much, so it was great for them to get to spend time together. Not to mention that I got to spend time with April just after her birthday! We had a blast catching up, shopping and eating...Thanks guys for all your hospitality. We love you and treasure your friendship!!

OK, so the Jardine's have three snakes...Lilly, Daisey, and Petunia. They are wild ball pythons. I am terrified of snakes, so imagine my delight... My sweet little Ryann absolutely LOVED them. She was always wanting to hold them, play with them, let them crawl on her. Who is this child???!! In this picture, Ryann has Lilly, And Jessica has Daisey.

Lilly is Ava's snake. She is the littlest snake and she doesn't move around as much as the other ones.

Jaden put on a rock concert while we were there. He is getting so good at the guitar. He played Twist and Shout, and Sweet Home Alabama. He totally has the rocker image with the electric guitar and the snake around his neck!

I think my face says it all here! I hate snakes. I thought I was getting Lilly(who I held before and had no problems with). But this was Daisey. She was slithering up my arm and I about lost it!

On day two, Tren couldn't be outdone by his little sister. He finally held a snake. He was pretty proud of himself. I think he takes after me in his anti-snakeness attitude!

Bailey finally touched Lilly. This was as close to her as she got. Cooper wanted nothing to do with the snakes and went nowhere near them! (smart boy).

Ryann loves these snakes and wants one of her own... RIGHT! It actually was pretty cool to be so close to these snakes. I couldn't believe how mellow and docile they were. We got to see, I think it was Petunia, shed her skin. This was so cool. She just wiggled right out of it. It made a crackling noise as she moved. The skin came out in a long tube. Wierd, cool, gross, amazing!

Ryann the snake whisperer!
3 comments:
Kim you are soo brave, I would not have even held one. Miss you guys too!
She likes tortoises too! Awesome pictures of April and Co.
Hey, I didn't know you had a blog!
Snakes are cool. When I taught preschool, the center had an Asian Boa. It was little and not so scary. I'd probably have a pet snake if it didn't have such a replusive diet. Poor baby mousie.
Post a Comment