Saturday, April 4, 2009

Soccer and Baseball

Today was a fun cold Saturday full of soccer and Baseball games. It started at 10:00 am at the Boise Capitals soccer field. It was 35 degrees and very windy. We were there an hour before the game to get Ryann's team pictures taken. (which didn't happen) Anyway ,the kids and I were freezing and huddled up in blankets. Ryann is on the "LadyBugs" team coached by her Aunt Jenn. She plays with her cousin Lexy. Ryann and Lexy are great friends and always want to do everything together! Ryann has been struggling with soccer because she hasn't got a goal yet. She plays great and hustles, just hasn't scored yet. I told her that if she scored a goal, I would take her shopping and buy her a new outfit. Her eyes lit up and she was very excited. This is definately a girly girl who loves her clothes! So, towards the end of the game Ryann shoots ....and SCORES!!! She said that when the ball went in the goal "I started to feel really good inside". She later told me "Mama, we're going SHOPPING"! I just love my littl Ry-Fry!! She is such a sweet girl!!!! This was a great day for her and I hope she realizes how good she is at soccer and continues to want to play.

Cooper and Bailey played later in the day. It was a lot warmer. Thank goodness!! Their team is called the "Panthers" Neither of them knew what a panther was, so we had to go home and Google it to show them what their team was named after! Bailey and Cooper are so fun to watch play soccer. This is their first time ever playing on a team. They hustle and do great. Bailey is not very physical usually, so I didn't know how she would do. She shocked all of us by scoring 6 goals today!! She gets right in there and steals the ball and won't stop until she scores. It's fun to see this side of her. She says "There's No crying in soccer"! She fell down a few times and got right back up with out crying! What a sweet little girl! I Love to watch her succeed and grow. Cooper hustles equally as well. We call his fast little feet (Happy Feet). He takes little fast steps even when he's running! He scored the first goal of the game today and 4 in all!! Cooper is very coordinated with his feet. He can change direction and move the ball where he wants it to go (most of the time). He always has a huge smile on his face when he's playing! I love my little Coop-Doop! It was a long day, but so fun seeing my kids having fun!
After the twins, soccer game we went straight to Tren's baseball game. Tren and Mark were in a triathalon earlier in the day.(I'll post about that later). Tren's team is called the Road Runners and Mark helps coach it. Today was their first game. This is the first season that the kids are actually pitching. Last year it was a pitching machine. Tren got 1 hit, 2 walks, and struck out once. On his hit, he hit a hard linte drive to center field. His coach told him to keep going, and it looked like he was going to get a home-run. The player on the other team threw a great ball right to home plate. Tren slid, but was still out. He was pretty excited about how far he hit the ball . He played first base and did great! His team won 16-4! Way to go Tren! Did I mention it was a long day? It WAS a long day, but I wouldn't trade these memories for anything. My kids are my love and my life and it is so fun experiencing all this with them!!

No comments: